I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Patience

I tend to change things a lot while doing a mixed media art. And with my newly made canvas was no exception. I started off with something specific in mind (it was fuchsia red at the beginning!)

Scrap Africa Blog has a new Challenge - One Little Word for 2015.

My OLW would be PATIENCE. But this is not just for this year. I like to have it more and more everyday, for every stage of my life.... . Patience is such an important thing!
I believe that victory comes with patience, relief comes with distress and ease comes with hardship. Having patience means having the ability to stop ourselves from despairing. It is to refrain from complaining and also to control ourselves in times of worry & sadness.

So here is my mixed media round canvas -


Close ups -





Thanks for popping by,
Kris

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Such an apt word you chose. I think we all need patience at least I know I do. I love your project. The way you used the word and the texture is lovely. Great colour combo as well. Thanks for sharing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to giggle when I saw your OLW. I have always been told, never pray for patience because God doesn't just give patience - He sends things, people and situations to TEST your patience. And I failed almost every time. :D
    Great canvas. I love the texture and colours. Thank you for playing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word to live by and a fantastic creation. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. someone say that patience is the queen of the science....
    think it is very important !!!
    I love your Canvas, the textures.....
    Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a million!!!:D Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful canvas Kris...it is stunning and the sentiment so great! ;-) I loved your thoughts on patience and agree wholeheartedly for myself too! ;-) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a million, Denise! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you used a round canvas - very cool! And, what an amazing background. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great word to be a motto! your background so lovely and so beautiful colours used! thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete