I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Keep going

Hi, how are you,
I came across this nice challenge blog called scrapki wyzwaniowo and this month they have a challenge - 'abstract art and no flowers'.


Abstract art (done with vibrant colours especially) has a special place in my heart already from my teen years ... and I can do well without flowers!;) And what a coincidence - I got the feeling of doing some abstract art a few days ago ... !

I used a small 3D canvas - 12 x 10 inches. I added a little bit of Flexible Modeling Paste with the painting knife for the underneath texture beforehand. I didn't limit myself with acrylic paints and Matte Gel Medium only but other than Liquitex Soft Body Acrylics [and some Tulip Slick Paints, Americana DECOR Chalky Finish Paint and ARTISTE Acrylic Paints too] I also used String Gel Medium and Cosmic Shimmer Clear, Midnight Black and Gunmetal Texture Paste (the last two gave some nice sparkly touches).


Close ups:







I used mostly my painting knives. Took a help from Polka Dots Mask too in one place. And can you see that I am loving my (Liquitex) Splatter Brush too!;)

Many people don't get abstract art and for them it's just a puddle of scribbles and paint splashes. But put that aside and instead try to see what the painting 'tells you', learn it's language - let the painting speak!!!

My painting is called - 'Keep going'.

Thanks a million for popping by,
Kris

7 comments:

  1. and this is what I've been waiting for! amazing craftwork! thank You for playing along with Scrapki-wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million!!!! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what I call abstract! For us this is craft, but when a famous painter would have made it people stare for hours at it and pay millions. Funny world, isn't it ? :) I love your project , vibrant and colorfull! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree!!!;) Thank you very much, Wilma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great art prodject! love this colors! thank you for playinig with us in scrapki-wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot Bianca & Natalja!!!

    ReplyDelete