I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Thursday, 5 March 2015

An art tile

Hello, how are you,
I couldn't miss the Creative Gym Exercise #5 of course. But I had hard time choosing what would I make. I knew I didn't want something with a large surface ... so an art tile got my vote. It's size is 13 x 13 cm. It has that metal hanger attached at the back already, so easier for me!!





As the tile was white matte I gave it a layer of black gesso to start off. Then a bit of Tulip Slick Black Dimensional Paint and used TCW Stencil with 3D Gloss Gel & Black Micro Beads on top. Some Pigment IZINK caviar too after drying. I didn't want to put a point for the black background with just this one. So, I mixed 3D Gloss Gel + Graphite Texture Paste + Glass Glitter Midnight Blue + Black Micro Beads + Reeves Black Acrylic Paint and I got one special paste (well the Glass Glitter and Micro Beads aren't really seen ... but it doesn't matter) for use with another TCW Stencil on top, to give some Moroccan vibe to my Art Tile!! 




Isn't that gloss just lovely!


Now for all the rainbow colours I used different ink sprays, Pigment IZINK (my new favourite!) and Silks Acrylic Glazes. For those purple ,,corners,, I was mixing together 3D Gloss Gel, Tulip Slick Purple Dimensional Paint, Silks Acrylic Glaze Boysenberry, Finnabair Glass Glitter Midnight Blue, Stampendeous Royal Purple Crushed Glass Glitter and some Licorice Glass Beads. Yet again, it didn't really matter what colour Glass Glitter & Beads I put in there as the purple paint quite hides it but I can still see some and most of all ... I love the texture from the mix!!!;)

Some Doodlebug Jewels, enamel dots and one small metal rose for the final touches. Then I sprayed W&N High Gloss Varnish on top and on the sides so it would have that glossy glaze, like tiles usually have. 

It's very busy and rich tile and that's the way I like it!! Hope you like it too!

I also want to enter this to Rhedd's Creative Spirit March Challenge.

Thanks a lot for popping in,
Kris

12 comments:

  1. I love all the textures and bits you've put it to create that! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome textures, colors and details! LOVE it! Thank you for the blog love too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mandy!!! I appreciate it!;)

      Delete
  3. Wow! The work that went into this beautiful piece! I love the texture and the colors are so beautiful I can taste them! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, NanB!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    I'm hopping over here from the Mixed Media Place Challenge, having participated in it myself, I wanted to see what everyone else did. I really like how you dove in with the texture. You really achieved so much on such a small piece too! I'm totally into this sort of thing, so my eyes are really happy right now!

    May your muse shine brightly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, A.Marie!!

      Delete
  6. Awesome textures, colors and details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project and textures! Adore this! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete