I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Saturday, 7 March 2015

Childhood book

Hi again,
those mood boards at Scrap Around the World Blog are seriously addictive - in a good way of course!!! This month's mood board is by Terhi Koskinen. I got inspired mostly from the clean look, the chevron stripes, the twine and the yellow pic! I am not sure now about the clean look on my layout but anyways ... .;)


Here's my entry: 



Some close ups:





All of the papers (and stickers) except the polka dots one and the poem print-out on my layout are from one book what my lovely friend sent me by post as a surprise. Thanks a million, again!!! It's Flow Book for Paper Lovers. They do magazine too actually. Never heard about them before. The book has more than 300 pages of paper goodies!!! Here are some pics of it:




I did a layout using the photo I made of one of my childhood book (published in 1985). A lot of memories with this book. I didn't go through these pages for a long time. I came across one beautiful poem in there: Your Grandmother. I still miss her dearly, would like to hug her strongly and listen to her wise words. 
But ... this is life ... nobody is living forever in this life. But memories stay and that's good and comforting. So that poem made me quite sentimental because it's tells about how your grandmother was your childhood sunshine, that she was generous and kind and dear; that she taught you and fondled your head and that she is in the grave now and for you stayed the memory of her, the glow from her eyes ... . 

It matches up about me and my grandma. So this layout is also about her too. 

Left my paintbrushes alone this time. Used StazOn Ink with the TCW Chevron Stencil and stamps & Lindys Stamp Gang Ink Spray for the small splashes. Stamps by Artemio and Stampendeous. Everything else is basically cutting 'n' gluing! 



Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

  1. WOW! and that book is amazing, I want one! Thank you for joining us over at SATW xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, your layout is fantastic!! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Fiona and Pascale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingenious scrapping your favourite childhood book! Great composition! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful layout !! thanks for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout, I love all the details !! Thank you for playing at SATW :)
    Lydie Denis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful collage Kris. Love those blue chevrons in the background.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Around The world this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the mood board! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! Thank you for joining our challenge at SATW <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome take on the March mood board! Thanks for playing along this month at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Kirs :) You have the right feeling about the composition - upwards is positive and happy :D

    ReplyDelete