I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Thursday, 12 March 2015

Peacocks galore

Hi, how are you,

I began to do another mixed media on canvas ... with a certain idea in mind but it changed during the process - typical in my case. But I like the final result! I wanted the elegant peacock feathers to be the heroes on my canvas though and I think I achieved that. I used 8 x 8 in canvas board for this project.


There're many layers underneath - tulle, stenciling with Graphite Texture Paste and peacock feathers too. Well, some extra texture ... does only good!;) Then decided I add a layer of Finnabair Micro Beads. Later on a Copper Crackle Paste. As I was after for some metallic look (or a lot!!) I used loads of Mica Powder Rust, Distress Paint (antiqued bronze), Silks Acrylic Glaze, Cosmic Shimmer Mists and again some Graphite Texture Paste with TCW Stencils. And Liquid Pearls Peacock too by using a brush.
I got a very nice effect with using Clear Texture Paste - when that was dry I went over with a dauber using StazOn Saddle Brown! Cosmic Shimmer Mists on top.
The feathers are adhered with 3D Gloss Gel & Matte Gel Medium. And of course aerosol High Gloss Varnish on top (except on the upper feathers) to seal it all in and for that extra shine!!








I would like to enter this to the following challenges -

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Birds of a Feather

'Birds of a Feather' inspired me immediately to create something with gorgeous peacock feathers what have been standing in my stash for ages!!

Mixed Media World - Anything Goes

Rhedd's Creative Spirit - March Challenge

All the best,
Kris

22 comments:

  1. Oh the lovely layers and textures! I am a peacock feather lover; we have a neighbors that wanders through my yard and I am in awe of them! Love this canvas! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your creation made me so happy :) you will find that I'm a bit 'texture mad' so seeing this made me VERY happy! It's awesome! Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Mixed Media World! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Ingrid Kristina. ;););)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the feathers and all the texture and dimension you have achieved on this canvas. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After seeing that tile, I had to peek into other things. Like I said, texture freak here. Boy am I glad I did. This is exquisite. All that texture, and the metallics, a peacock would gladly flaunt this for sure. It's just stunning!

    May your muse shine brightly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo pretty. great colours. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love texture and your piece is just lovely. The peacock feather shine so beautifully! Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the colors and textures. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa. Just... WOW! You have got some amazing talent and all the texture his is incredibly stunning. I don't know where this was originally heading, but it couldn't be better than where it ended up. AMAZING! Happy to say that I'm your newest follower. Would love for you to stop by for a visit at my place!
    Becca
    Damsel of Distressed Cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, Becca!!!!;) I appreciate it. Will pop over later on.Thanks.

      Delete
  10. This is stunning! I love the colours, just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty! thanks for playing with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my WOW this is really stunning! i would love to see it, and TOUCH IT, in person! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Rachel!!!!;);):)

      Delete