I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Saturday, 25 April 2015

For you, sis!

Hello, how are you,

A lot people admire Gustav Klimt's art, including my dear sis. I don't love his art. I may just fancy a bit but ... except the nudity part. Not my thing. But I do like the metallic colours and all the different shapes though. And that's about it. But as my sis loves his art ... and I am in the mood of card making this week, so one Klimt style card (8 x 8 in) it will be for my darling. She could even frame it!!! The card came out fairly simple but I believe she will hold it dear. I took my inspiration from 'The Kiss'.




'The Kiss'

I stuck together two kraft papers, then gessoed the surface, added with a painting knife some Graphite Texture Paste and later on brushed the whole paper with Rustic Chalky Finish Paint. And from there started to add all the other colours and stenciling and a few embellishments. These black blocks are baked using a FIMO Soft Clay!!

Some close-ups: 






Popping my card to:




Thanks a million for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Interesting connection of different shapes, fantastic work!
    Thank you for joining us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and amazing background! Thank you for joining our April challenge at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did a great project, it looks amazing with all that structure! And very creative too with the homemade clay things. Thank you for playing along at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I really love the structures, the colors and the backgroung! nice piece od art :) thank You for playing along with Scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love Klimt and it's very interesting to see card inspired by his creations. Especially when this card is so beautiful! :) Thank you for sharing and leaving lovely comment on Artist Trading Post blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kasia! ;D With pleasure!

      Delete