I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Monday, 27 April 2015

Remembering

Hello there,

Scrap Africa Blog has such a cosy atmosphere where you just have to go back and participate. This time the challenge is about using pencils. Great! I used my Faber-Castell watercolour pencils. The watercolour paper what I used measures around 15 x 21 cm. I went over on my drawn/painted cowslip slightly with graphite pencils as I couldn't manage to get those wanted details done otherwise. Then stuck it on a Tim Holtz paper and added a few Artemio Brads. Another paper at the back and Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating was the last thing to use on this card to give it a protective layer!
I certainly need to practice more using those watercolour pencils (and to get some more green shades!!) but I'd say it came out quite effective!
Cowslips are such a pretty flowers, these beauties remind me of my childhood ... !





Popping this also to -


All the best,
Kris

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely painting. I love your technique. Thank you for playing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is awesome Kris! ;-) This really turned out beautifully and the watercolour flowers are certainly pretty indeed! So amazing! ;-) I am a HUGE fan of watercolours, as I am sure you know....so this really is a hit for me! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of pencils - this is beautiful! You are so talented! Thank you so much for sharing and playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you are one talented lady. I can only draw stick men :( This is just delightful, well done and thanks for entering the challenge at Scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute. I love thee effect of the watercolour it gives. Nice colours. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thanks so much to everybody!!!!!!;);)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful!!!!
    Love the flower! Great work!
    Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely watercolor flower! Beautiful use of the pencils! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete