I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Monday, 6 July 2015

Catch that happiness

Hi,
Do you love abstract art too, I think there's always so much to see in one great abstract painting ... .

For the past few days I have been doing one small abstract painting myself too (on a 12 x 12 in W&N Canvas Board). I call it 'Catch that happiness'. I used mostly Sennelier Abstract Acrylics.


I thought before that Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylics were alright but Sennelier ones certainly take the lead, they are extra double creamier, highly pigmented, their coverage is excellent and you can just use them straight from the pouch (I really like the pouch idea!) for the impasto technique - the paint will not crack afterwards!!! Love them!





Other than Sennelier Abstract I also used a bit of Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paints, Silks Acrylic Glazes, Pigment Izinks, Tulip Slick Dimensional Paints, Accademia del Decoupage Sandblasted Snow Dough, Liquitex String Gel, Montana BLACK Spray Paints and some touches of Ranger Distress Paints. And Folk Art Flower Template by TCW.

I felt that one metal embellishment (by Finnabair) just needed to be there too. And of course a few coats of gloss varnish for the final touch and protection.


Entering this to -

ATP Exchange - June Challenge

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Summer Days


Summer days for me means extra relaxing, lazy mornings, enjoying the warm sunny days and all those beautiful colours the summer brings.


Thanks a million for popping by
Kris

10 comments:

  1. love it :-)
    corinne de France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris, my word that is lovely! You have created the most wonderfully tactile piece of art - its really great! Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million for this lovely comment!!;)

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous painting! I love the bright summery colors and all the textures. Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris! Congratulations on being top 3 in the ATP challenge, I honestly LOVED your entry and it really really hit the spot with me. Well deserved! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much Cathryn, I am delighted with that news!!! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. GREAT abstract painting! Love all the texture you achieved! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and creative. Thanks for playing along at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete