I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Saturday, 11 July 2015

It still has its beauty!

Hi, how are you,
I have a couple of plain wooden icons in my stash for ages so with a bit of work I turned one of those icons into an ''old deserted house''. I knew from the start I wanted quite a lot of rusted metal on that, moss on the walls, a brick wall peeking out from behind the worn wallpaper. And the dripping tap had to be somewhere too. Here's the finished look -


At first I gessoed the icon. And then used Silks Acrylic Glazes, acrylic paints and Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder (tea dye). Then did some stamping with Finnabair Dirty Walls Stamps and with stamps from her other sets. One was heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder too, do you see the one what is behind the clock. I used Decoupage Paper for the 'walls' and stamping on top plus loads of Silks. Attached all the metal pieces I had in mind and then used more Silks, Rust Mica Powder mixed with Matte Gel to get the old and worn and weathered look.


So this is how it looks inside.


And at the back. 


For the dripping 'water' I simply used some always reliable Glossy Accents. Did the trick I guess. 



An old house needs one painting too (and a light)! I had this beautiful small paper round tag with the picture of a pansy inside and foil around. That one got a treatment with Rust Mica Powder too and a layer of Glossy Accents on top. I hammered in one simple nail too which I painted with a mixture of Rust Mica Powder and Matte Gel. Now it really looks like the picture is hanging on the wall.


I thought that the keyhole should be partly covered with some sort of plants or flowers. I used a wooden tree branch for it, heat embossed it and used some Distress Paint on top too and then glued on a few buttons. It didn't feel quite right so I chose some metal blooms (mostly by Finnabair) for the tree instead (the buttons acted as a great base for the metal flowers).


Here you can see a little bit more clearly my very favourite stamp from the Finnabair Dirty Walls Stamps. Absolutely beautifully gorgeous! 


And a very ''rusty'' door handle!!!


Entering this to -

Creative Gym - Exercise #9 - Architecture

Rhedd's Creative Spirit - July Challenge

Craft Stamper Take it Make It July Challenge  - Take A Stamp

13 comments:

  1. Oh Kris its divine! The dripping tap is genius! am loving your work Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. Gorgeous project!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning,I so love the colour palette, your texrures are so good too...love the embellishing...I have this wood shape and you have inspired me to use it...it has been taken in and out of the cupboard so many times,lol...
    Thank you for joining in with our July Challenge over at http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super little project .... so much detail! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Such fab textures. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning project! Thanks for playing with our challenge at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL... truly LOVELY. j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful! Great textures and subtle color changes! Thank you so much for joining the Mixed Media Place's challenge and sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pretty colors and beautiful details! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely piece! Thank you for sharing with Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a million ladies for all those lovely comments, appreciate it a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your "old house". Its just beautiful, the colors and the textures and a perfect fit on your fire place..Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful piece! Love all the detail. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete