Thursday, 27 August 2015

What is your story

Good day,
The last couple of days I have been working on a layout. The heroes of the layout are the Ecoline Liquid Watercolours! I was admiring the effects what you can create with those watercolours for a long time and yesterday morning I got them delivered by my postman. And here's my mixed media layout -

The Kraft Glassine Paper is stamped and then just crunched and the edges of the papers are simply inked.

Entering my layout to the following challenges -

Scrapki-Wyswaniowo August Challenge - Typesetting

Thanks a million for a visit,

Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Another giant tag

Hi, how are you,
Yesterday I made another giant tag. The Acrylic Coating just helped the background colours to pop out greatly at the end! In a way it is quite simple tag again. There's stenciling, using Decopatch Papers, patterned papers, washi tapes, inks and ink sprays ... a bit of stamping too and acrylic paints at the background. Oh and a little embossing too. I have got one embossing folder, don't have any machine for it but I used some elbow grease with the help of a mug - the bottom of it! Not the perfect result but gets the job done in a way. ;-) And then a gorgeous image from The Graphics Fairy!

Entering this too to Scrap Africa's August Mood Board. Again everything inspired me from it!

Thanks a million for popping by,

Friday, 21 August 2015


Good evening,
I have a layout to share with you. A mixed media one to be more precise! I started off by sketching some flowers and leaves on the borders with Graphik Graphite Line Maker Pen, then with graphite pencil and went over slightly with PITT Artist Black Pen using a dot-drawing technique, not much seen anymore though. A little watercolouring at the edges too, the paper couldn't handle more!
Then I mixed PearEx Silver with Liquitex Light Modeling Paste and used it through Tim Holtz Speckles Stencil here and there. Quite a lot of splashes of Cosmic Shimmer Silver Mist, some stamping and a few dots of Ranger Liquid Pearls. Adhered the cute photo, tulle on top (used Matte Gel for it). And the chipboard letters got a coat of ink!

I combined the C'est Magnifique August Sketch Challenge with ARTastic August Challenge.
I fell in love with the new sketch challenge over at C'est Magnifique Kit Club. So extremely gorgeous! I wanted to draw almost similar flower frame (in my style) to my layout like on the sketch.

And ARTastic Challenge Blog August inspiration ,,Over the Moon,, by Kirra Jaminson is just gorgeous. Criteria is to create an inspiring background. The background of the painting and the owl inspired me to create a similar one.

Thanks a lot for looking,

Saturday, 8 August 2015

Sew Retro

I got my ''Sew Retro'' card featured in Craft Stamper September Issue. I am happy! I have not seen it in the magazine yet but hopefully soon. Here are some pics I took before it went on its way. I had a great fun making it!

All the best,

Friday, 7 August 2015

What a transformation!

Good morning, how are you,

I have a new project to share with you! I had one old plain plastic wall clock

and I didn't like it anymore, was going to bin it but then thought ... as I have now the fabulous Viva Decor Rusty and Patina Set, I could use these two to change the look of that clock instead. And using just these two products would do wonders for this wall clock, I thought. I was right! I only added more with the sponge (the same way like the Viva Decor products) Finnabair Rust Mica Powder mixed with Matte Gel.
It got the perfect rusty effect and a great strong rough surface, it's all that it needed! Shall certainly put this clock to use now!

And here's the before pic, was doing it yesterday evening so that's why the pic is more darker!

As you can see, I took the paper off and the clock hands and they all got a ''rusty'' treatment. I didn't add any gesso or anything before to the clock, just with the sponge two layers of Rusty (let it dry in between) and then poured some Rusty and Patina on a plastic plate and started dabbing them on to the clock, the hands and the paper. Also dabbed on some Mica Powder and Matte Gel mixed together! Then when it was all dry (didn't take long) I adhered the paper on to the base with the help of a double sided tape, put back the ''rusty'' hands and done.

And the ''rusty'' clock -

Thanks a lot for popping by,