I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Friday, 21 August 2015

Hello-hello

Good evening,
I have a layout to share with you. A mixed media one to be more precise! I started off by sketching some flowers and leaves on the borders with Graphik Graphite Line Maker Pen, then with graphite pencil and went over slightly with PITT Artist Black Pen using a dot-drawing technique, not much seen anymore though. A little watercolouring at the edges too, the paper couldn't handle more!
Then I mixed PearEx Silver with Liquitex Light Modeling Paste and used it through Tim Holtz Speckles Stencil here and there. Quite a lot of splashes of Cosmic Shimmer Silver Mist, some stamping and a few dots of Ranger Liquid Pearls. Adhered the cute photo, tulle on top (used Matte Gel for it). And the chipboard letters got a coat of ink!






I combined the C'est Magnifique August Sketch Challenge with ARTastic August Challenge.
I fell in love with the new sketch challenge over at C'est Magnifique Kit Club. So extremely gorgeous! I wanted to draw almost similar flower frame (in my style) to my layout like on the sketch.


And ARTastic Challenge Blog August inspiration ,,Over the Moon,, by Kirra Jaminson is just gorgeous. Criteria is to create an inspiring background. The background of the painting and the owl inspired me to create a similar one.




Thanks a lot for looking,
Kris

10 comments:

  1. Your background work is amazing Kris, I can't believe you have created so much texture and depth with the products you used. Wonderful work. Many thanks for sharing this with us on ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute layout and your background is amazing. Thank you for taking on the challenge at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much work in your background ! thank you for sharing at ARTastic
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - your backgrounds are amazing! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you go! This fits both challenges really well....love how you've actually used an owl on your project, just like our ARTastic inspiration! And that bg work is AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing with us this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created such an amazing background. This is a fabulous page. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, what a beautiful layout! I love the frame you created around the owl, great work!
    Thank you for playing with us at C´est Magnifique August Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Your background work is AMAZING! I love the netting over the photo and the pop of red. Thanks for joining the C'est Magnifique August Sketch Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing background, fits in so well with our challenge at ARTastic. Love how you have created the border. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful owl and magical background. I can appreciate the work that went into this. Thanks for joining in at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete