I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Friday, 7 August 2015

What a transformation!

Good morning, how are you,

I have a new project to share with you! I had one old plain plastic wall clock


and I didn't like it anymore, was going to bin it but then thought ... as I have now the fabulous Viva Decor Rusty and Patina Set, I could use these two to change the look of that clock instead. And using just these two products would do wonders for this wall clock, I thought. I was right! I only added more with the sponge (the same way like the Viva Decor products) Finnabair Rust Mica Powder mixed with Matte Gel.
It got the perfect rusty effect and a great strong rough surface, it's all that it needed! Shall certainly put this clock to use now!

And here's the before pic, was doing it yesterday evening so that's why the pic is more darker!


As you can see, I took the paper off and the clock hands and they all got a ''rusty'' treatment. I didn't add any gesso or anything before to the clock, just with the sponge two layers of Rusty (let it dry in between) and then poured some Rusty and Patina on a plastic plate and started dabbing them on to the clock, the hands and the paper. Also dabbed on some Mica Powder and Matte Gel mixed together! Then when it was all dry (didn't take long) I adhered the paper on to the base with the help of a double sided tape, put back the ''rusty'' hands and done.

And the ''rusty'' clock -







Thanks a lot for popping by,
Kris

2 comments:

  1. Its utterly fabulous! I LOVE rusty its a great product and you really have totally transformed that clock! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!;)

    ReplyDelete