I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Thursday, 24 September 2015

Going vintage

Hello, how are you, I have another layout to share with you, this time I went all vintage. It looks rather romantic too I'd say!


For the background I used chalky paints, inks, water colours; did heat embossing, stamping, adhered some tissue paper and washi tape too. The base paper is from Tim Holtz Wallflower Paper Stack!


The Victorian Corner Chipboard by Blue Fern Studio is heat embossed and edges slightly inked.



I wanted to make an old postcard. I printed the postcard using printable canvas sheet! I distressed and inked the edges of the cut out canvas and added Ecolines and then crinkled it and added with the dauber some more StazOn. For the old letter underneath did everything like with the postcard, just did some stamping on it extra. And then thought it would be really nice to have a seal on it with some leather cord. So I made a ''wax seal'' out of a hot glue. It's easy if you don't have those wax sticks at home and want to achieve the similar result. I simply added some hot glue on the leather cord (I did it beforehand on a cutting mat), pressed it down with one metal piece, left it to cool down, removed the metal and then coloured it with Inka Gold Rub Oldgold!


A little fussy cutting and that piece of wooden rose I left it has it is, I think its natural colour looks just fine on this layout! This shiny golden decorative frame where I added the printed rose photo is by Maggie Holmes. Slightly inked the edges of it too!




Entering this to -

Scrap Around the World September Mood Board. I got inspired from the rose, old paper and calligraphy!








Thanks a million for popping by
Kris

Saturday, 19 September 2015

Untie the ribbons!

Hi,
I was a bit of card making mood today morning and wanted to make something uncomplicated with the simple look. I like countryside flowers a lot! The card is about 18 x 18,5 cm. Used five different stamps and four different hues of green plus the black for the sentiment. Then heat embossed two of the stamped images green too for some 3D look.





Entering my card to: Craft Stamper Take it Make It September Challenge - Take a Stamp

Thanks a lot for popping by,
Kris

Friday, 18 September 2015

Fungi

Good morning,
I have a forest themed mixed media wall art to share with you, featuring the extraordinary Tim Coffey Grand Adhesions & Layered Accents! Aren't these just amazing!!!





I used a thick patterned paper for the base, did some stencilling on top with Light Modelling Paste, added a bit of chalky paint with a painting brush, sprayed a good amount of Dylusions chopped pesto ink spray, adhered a few pieces of paper napkin, Liquid Pearls here and there with a painting knife and did some stamping too for the edges. Then sprayed a layer of W&N Multipurpose High Gloss Varnish.


I then heated up a small sheet of lutradur and inked it green to blend it in with the background. Also added a bit of Gloss Gel on it.
And then just added the heat embossed chipboard, adhered the mushrooms etc.


Entering this to Berry71Bleu Challenge - Forest




Thanks a lot for visiting,
Kris

Monday, 14 September 2015

My new clock

Hello, how are you,
I had a Tim Holtz idea-ology Assemblage Clock lying around for ages, waiting to get some ''life''. I used Finnabair's Art Recipes: Timeless Patina part 1 and Timeless Patina part 2 for the clock.
And it's about time I did something arty, weeks have just flown past quickly ... busy with everything else but not art!
I almost followed all the steps in the Recipes. As the clock is a bit different from the Finnabair one I couldn't put the embellishment inside of the frame like she did but it's all good! It all took some time - mostly the drying part but I really like the end result! Something different.



This is from the Timeless Patina part 2. I used the resin flowers and Inka Gold Rub Oldgold instead and didn't put so many layers of metal and didn't do the embossing part but other than that its all there!


This is what I did for the inside of the clock frame! 



Here's one 'before' picture too -


The ever so useful FROGTAPE to protect the glass! I used the same masking tape for the other side of the glass too.





Entering this to Mixed Media Place Creative Gym: Exercise #11


Thanks  a million for popping by,
Kris