I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Thursday, 24 September 2015

Going vintage

Hello, how are you, I have another layout to share with you, this time I went all vintage. It looks rather romantic too I'd say!


For the background I used chalky paints, inks, water colours; did heat embossing, stamping, adhered some tissue paper and washi tape too. The base paper is from Tim Holtz Wallflower Paper Stack!


The Victorian Corner Chipboard by Blue Fern Studio is heat embossed and edges slightly inked.



I wanted to make an old postcard. I printed the postcard using printable canvas sheet! I distressed and inked the edges of the cut out canvas and added Ecolines and then crinkled it and added with the dauber some more StazOn. For the old letter underneath did everything like with the postcard, just did some stamping on it extra. And then thought it would be really nice to have a seal on it with some leather cord. So I made a ''wax seal'' out of a hot glue. It's easy if you don't have those wax sticks at home and want to achieve the similar result. I simply added some hot glue on the leather cord (I did it beforehand on a cutting mat), pressed it down with one metal piece, left it to cool down, removed the metal and then coloured it with Inka Gold Rub Oldgold!


A little fussy cutting and that piece of wooden rose I left it has it is, I think its natural colour looks just fine on this layout! This shiny golden decorative frame where I added the printed rose photo is by Maggie Holmes. Slightly inked the edges of it too!




Entering this to -

Scrap Around the World September Mood Board. I got inspired from the rose, old paper and calligraphy!








Thanks a million for popping by
Kris

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kris, Love the way you have printed onto canvas and the faux wax seal is genius! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love embossed elements ♥ Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very romantic and very vintage indeed :) I love the textures. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely canvas!! Beautiful vintage colors here. Thanks so much for joining us at SATW this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really so pretty and definitely vintagey and romantic! ;-)) Love this one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout! Definitely romantic! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the vintage touches in this Kris - fabulous! Thanks for joining in at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Love your page! Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrap Around the World! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the canvas use & the 'faux' seal - looks BRILLIANT!!! Gorgeous shabby-chic vintageness happening here :):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful vintage layout. Love how you altered the chipboard. Thanks for joining us at Blue Fern Studios for our sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete