I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Monday, 14 September 2015

My new clock

Hello, how are you,
I had a Tim Holtz idea-ology Assemblage Clock lying around for ages, waiting to get some ''life''. I used Finnabair's Art Recipes: Timeless Patina part 1 and Timeless Patina part 2 for the clock.
And it's about time I did something arty, weeks have just flown past quickly ... busy with everything else but not art!
I almost followed all the steps in the Recipes. As the clock is a bit different from the Finnabair one I couldn't put the embellishment inside of the frame like she did but it's all good! It all took some time - mostly the drying part but I really like the end result! Something different.



This is from the Timeless Patina part 2. I used the resin flowers and Inka Gold Rub Oldgold instead and didn't put so many layers of metal and didn't do the embossing part but other than that its all there!


This is what I did for the inside of the clock frame! 



Here's one 'before' picture too -


The ever so useful FROGTAPE to protect the glass! I used the same masking tape for the other side of the glass too.





Entering this to Mixed Media Place Creative Gym: Exercise #11


Thanks  a million for popping by,
Kris

10 comments:

  1. Looks amazing!
    Thanks for joining our Creative Gym challenge at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Chris...this is really so super and it is absolutely beautiful! ;-) Love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC!!! Outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully cool! Thanks for sharing with Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Kris. Your clock looks AMAZING! So glad your prize arrived....thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is superb! Fantastic project! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place's challenge!

    ReplyDelete