I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Friday, 16 October 2015

''Climb over the obstacles.''

Hello,
some crispy cold mornings already over here, an extra cup of tea and it's all good!
I tend to stock up those 8 x 8 round canvases, very handy and I just like them very much. And here I have an abstract painting to show you. It has two of my favourite colours - dark grey and orange.
I used four different paints - Sennelier Abstract Neutral Grey and Mars Black; Distress Paint Hickory Smoke, Decoart Chalky Finish Paint New Life and Daler Rowney Acrylic Artists Ink Flame Orange.
With the help of a painting knife I scraped some of the paint off to get a tiny bit of extra texture. More paint on top and a quick spray of gloss varnish. Then poured on the grey paint, sprayed some water, tilted it here and there and let that to dry overnight. Did the orange ink circle and glued on (using Heavy Gloss Gel Medium) the vintage flat buttons and I like it how it is, a bit bizarre and ... beauty is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it. Cheers.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Kris - its strangely alluring, I love the way the grey has mingled and created a whole life of its own. It looks like George Washington! (well I can see that anyway!) Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, Cathryn. :):):)

      Delete