I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Thursday, 8 October 2015

Laugh

Hi, how are you, I have been quiet quite some time already. You know yourself if you have a family and home to take care of, sometimes you will not have that extra time to sit down and create! But yesterday I managed to finish one vintage style card. I took my inspiration from the current challenge over at ARTastic Challenge Blog. I got inspired from the pink flowers and that green chalky colour.
I started by printing the vintage roses on a gloss photo paper, then cut the sides, and inked the card here and there to get the old look. But instead of a dauber I used a natural sponge instead. That gave a totally different effect. Beautiful. Then I added a couple of layers (6 to be precise!) of Mod Podge Antique Matte to get a bit of that yellowish tint. Took a kraft paper, did some clear heat embossing for texture and painted the page with chalky paint, on it stencilling with Super Heavy Gloss Gel and coloured it green with chalk inks. Ripped the page in pieces and took some paint off from here and there by placing a tape on top and pulling it off quickly. And then I just put the layers together. From the other papers I used Tim Holtz idea-ology Crowded Attic and 7 Dots Studio Lost and Found.





Here's the print inked before I added the Mod Podge.




And here is the October inspiration, painting ,,The Green Parasol,, by E Philips Fox -




Thanks a million for popping by,
Kris

8 comments:

  1. It is always good to find time to create in this busy life. I love what you have done with this print and the finished card. Beautiful take on the inspiration piece. Thank you so much for joining in our challenge at ARTastic. I hope you find some more creative time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris - wow the mod podge took a hammering! But so worth it - its lovely and I love the stencil work, it really does look very vintage and very pretty Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so pretty Kris. It is always so important to find time to do things that make you happy. Thank you for sharing this with us on ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a gorgeous vintage style card, Kris. I love the flower image. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know exactly what you mean about having a family and home and that is priority....but finding some creative time...that is bliss! ;-) Glad you found some time to create and a soft and beautiful vintage card is just the thing! Great for the soul and so delightful too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully vintage. Thank You for sharing with us at ARTastic
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! This is so pretty....you've done such a great job with your layers and the techniques you've used in putting it all together...looks gorgeous:) thanks so much for finding the time [yeah...we're all short of that!!!] to join in this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found time to create this beautiful vintage card, it gorgeous. Thank you for joining in at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete