I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Monday, 9 November 2015

A daring warrior

Hello,
I found out about LESSology Challenge Blog just recently. Their current challenge 'Dress Form' got me interested. In the blog we read that we can create anything as long as it incorporates at least one up-cycled item. My husband's empty perfume bottle popped in to my mind instantly what I didn't throw away and left it ''just in case''. So that was a good choice, wasn't it! 
Also from the up-cycled items I used a leather remnant for the cape and a metal ballchain from a tag as a belt. 
I covered the bottle with tissue paper, painted it light grey with acrylic paint and then brushed on some Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste Midnight. My aim was to make it look a bit like a coat of mail. 
Glued on the arrows, attached the belt and made for my warrior a fancy cape with a brooch. I think he looks quite smart! What do you think?







Thanks a lot for a visit,
Kris

5 comments:

  1. Very very cool! Love your warrior! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! LOVE the awesome texture!

    Thanks for joining us at LESSology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks fabulous! VERY masculine with his 'mail' on!! So glad you found us and shared this for our current LESSology challenge.....great project:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever! Who would have thought of a bottle as a dress form - but it works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a neat and clever idea! ;-) Love the purple leather...a royal colour! ;-)

    ReplyDelete