I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Thursday, 5 November 2015

The pears

Good morning, how are you!
I am continuing with my watercolouring journey. I keep practicing and hoping that one time will be the day when I will wholly master painting with watercolours and I will whisper to myself with a great emotion - ''Kris, today is the Day, you have done it!!!''

In the meantime there are some things I came to a conclusion when working with the watercolours - I most certainly don't like the clean lines as much and I relish the combination of ink & watercolours.

For the following drawing/painting I was using an image from The Graphics Fairy as a reference. At first I did a quick sketch on a Arches Hot Pressed 300 g Watercolour Block (23 cm x 31 cm) with the waterproof ink pen and then started to use the amazing Schmincke Watercolours.






I am entering this to the Mixed Media Place Creative Gym - Exercise #13- ''Today is the Day''.

(The quote was inspiring to me!)


I am entering ''The Pears'' also to scrapki-wyzwaniowo November Challenge -Leaves. 



Thanks a million for a visit,
Kris

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kris! Hope you are well! Kris, you have done the most cracking job of those pears and leaves, there is a terrific amount of contrast of both light and shade in there - I think you are well on your way! I salute you! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good, all good!!! You have just given me a generous amount of extra boost with your comment! I'll keep going!! Thanks Cathryn.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Kris! Your watercolored piece looks fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wish I could do even a quarter of the job which you have done! LOOOVE how you've got splats & splotches- that it's not all neat & clean, too.... Lovely work:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lizzy and Mona, well appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful watercolor!
    Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work! I love it! Thank you for joining our challenge at MMP :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It think you did a beautiful job with this watercolor project! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I think you master watercolor well! Thank you for joining our challenge at MMP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful layers of water color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous! Thank you for playing with the Creative Gym #13!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so cool painting, so amazing technique! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful drawing!!! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete