I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Thursday, 11 February 2016

Some friendships last a lifetime ...

Hello, some more golden colours from me today. I show you a card, a very extraordinary one (at least in my mind!) to somebody extra special.


A bit of reusing going on here. Do you notice that drop earring? It's a single one given to me from my dear friend with other bits and bobs who kindly thought I might put it to good use ... and I did! And a ball chain - that's from a dress tag I believe! You can't really see it but the ball chain is through the eyelet what's behind the oh-so-pretty lace as I wanted all that fancy metal to hang loosely from the top of the card - a few metal claw clips as you can see, some Tim Holtz Philosophy Tags, a keyhole, the metal frames with epoxy dots on top. The papers on them (and the big round one with a frame) are by Kaisercraft Antique Bazaar. I fell in love with that collection, sooo beautiful!


The card itself has five craft paper layers underneath to keep it sturdy for all that metal. I dry embossed the top layer, then used many different acrylic paints, did heat embossing, some touches of Antique Wax too and Ecoline, and High Gloss Varnish to seal in the Ecoline. Also gave a touch with Golden Gilding Flakes. On top through the Tim Holtz Doily Stencil I used a mixture of Sparkle Texture Paste and Copper Micro Beads. It left such a fabulous texture!





Entering my card to Berry 71 Bleu February Challenge. (Such gorgeous golden rich colours, and textures, wanted to implement it to my card too!)



Also to Scrap Africa February Sketch Challenge  (I used the metal frames to represent the flowers as on the sketch. The sentiment meaning on my card .. well simply, a true friendship is to be treasured all year, always!)




All the best,
Kris

17 comments:

  1. Wow Kris! What a stunning work of art! I love all the texture and trinkets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, love all the details and texture! Thank you for playing with us at Berry71bleu this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing arty card Kris. The texture is so gorgeous. Thank you for playing along at Scrap Africa ...join us again in the upcoming challenge. Enjoy scrapping :)
    Fondly,
    Asmah
    Scrap Africa DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I love this, it is stunning, thank you so much for entering our challenge here at Berry71Bleu x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So absolutely gorgeous! I love the metal trinkets and all that yummy texture and rich colour. Thank you for playing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work! Thanks for playing with Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply Awesome!!!
    Love mixed media background!!!just great!
    Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gorgeous I love the rustic look here. Love the micro beads it gives your project such a lot of texture. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely mixed media project, thank you for taking part in Scrap Africa challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very special and unique card indeed! The way you made the background, it looka almost as if that too was made of metal. Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Berry71bleu this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a luxury and shine! Love it! Thank you for inspiring with Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project!!!! Thank you for joining us @Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning and love the styling and textures! Just beautiful! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi extraordinary indeed, love it. thank you for entering our challenge this month at Berry71Bleu x

    ReplyDelete