I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Thursday, 11 February 2016

Time has a wonderful way of showing us what is important!

Good evening, how are you,
Sharing with you a mixed media 8" x 8" canvas board. I wished for elegance, sparkle (a good deal of sparkle!) and yet something easy to pull off and also something happy. In general I am not a full glimmer fan but those dull after dull days in Ireland made me to do that. Honestly!


Here are the simple steps what I did - at first I covered the board with lace using Matte Gel, painted it golden with acrylics and went over with Antiquing Wax to cool that gold down a bit. Then mixed glitter with High Gloss Varnish to give some slight glossy-sparkle at the back, just a gentle touch. From there on used two doily stencils plus four different Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Pastes. As you can see I used only a couple of embellishments. I managed to find the matching colour frame from my stash to one of the Texture Paste used, fabulous! And I left the wooden doily as it is so that the eyes could rest from all the powering sparkle. Decided to glue on a handful of sparkly beads too yesterday late evening to represent that happiness I was after.




'Time has a wonderful way of showing us what is important' are the words to cherish!


I am entering this to the current challenge over at More Than Words Blog with their Creative Challenge - Sparkle and Word Inspiration - Wonderful.






Thanks a million for popping by,
Kris

14 comments:

  1. Ooooh such a beautiful canvas. I just love the quote & I am definitely loving all the fab sparkle too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkle to the MAX.... GORGEOUS canvas Kris! Thanks for joining our February Challenge over @ More Than Words! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You definitely rocked this challenge! Love all that sparkle!! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super canvas Kris and loving all the different textures! Love the sentiment....super! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a work of art! Love all the texture, shimmer and shine! Thanks for joining along with both MTW and MMMC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness - this sure sparkles! I love it! Thanks for playing along at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful and textured and shiny! Thank you for playing along with us @ More than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is glitter!! Beautiful canvas! Definitely hit the Mood Board on the head with this one!! All the best from More Than Words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!
    Stunning Canvas!!!
    It shines!
    Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work, so sparkly n gorgeous ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty, glittery project! Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The background looks amazing!Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your background :) Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!
    Kareen

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh this is so lovely!!! all the different types of shimmer and glitter make me so happy! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete