I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Sunday, 13 March 2016

Rustic earrings!

Hello,
If you want your teenage daughter to give her precious opinion to you: ''You've really lost it now!'' (lol) then make some unique earrings for yourself! She will just thank me one day for me being me, yes!!!
So I am showing you a pair of wooden earrings which I spiced up with Rusting Powder, Art Alchemy Metallique Paints, black gesso, Inka Gold, Powertex 3D Balls and Powercolour pigments. For the texture and adhering I used Gloss Super Heavy Gel and acrylic glue, and Powertex Easy Varnish for the final layer so now they should be weatherproof too. At the back they have a similar texture and colour, just without the 3D Balls.
It's something very easy to do and I might even get some more wooden earrings and see what else I can come up with! I am thinking retro now, oh maybe even a neon colour ones too ... .
Loved every minute of building them up from a plain wood. Rustic, vintage and just so sui generis.





Entering them to -

Mixed Media World #12 - Vintage

Rhedds Creative Spirit March Challenge


Thanks a million for popping by,
Kris

6 comments:

  1. Lol! Nothing like a teenager to tell us how to do things! Well I love your earrings! They're so unique and funky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you wear this pair and the others you might make every time she's in your company! I too think they are funky and interesting Kris. Thank you for joining in with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking awesome!! Teenagers are a "mouthfull" some times (nearly every day) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow...how cool are these...I love them.
    What a great way to alter a pair of earrings.
    Thank you for entering our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://somewheretobeme.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I have a ton of these and now something new to play with thanks to your sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. This earrings are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at MMW

    ReplyDelete