I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Tuesday, 8 March 2016

You rock, my dear!

Hi, there's a lovely March inspiration by Mia Taninaka with Oh The Wise One over at ARTastic Challenge Blog. And the criteria is wood veneer. Good for me as I've got some real wood veneer papers, alphabet letters and others in my stash. The wood veneer inspired me and also the colours to make a fun card for my friend! The finished card measures 19,5 cm x 26,5 cm!
At first I did that abstract background on the wood veneer paper (where you see the Typewriter Stamp on top!). There I just used different acrylic paints, Rusty Patina, Antique Wax and Gel Medium and stamped on top. For the other wood veneer paper piece (the brown one) I only used Antique Wax, it changed from beige to brown beautifully, I love it. And then added all the other layers of patterned papers and corrugated cardboard and other wood veneer pieces, some adhesive enamel dots, ric rac ribbon and I call it done. It looks busy but she better love it!:)








And here's the Mia Taninaka's piece to get inspired from - 



Thanks for popping by,
Kris

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kris - your friend will be totally delighted with this! Thank you for sharing with us on ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love what you have done with that wood veneer paper, esp the blue!! I am sure your friend will love this!! Thanks for sharing with us at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many layers which all work well together. I like how you incorporated the colours of the inspiration piece into your card. A handmade card is always special, so I'm sure your friend will love it. Thanks for joining in our challenge at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab take on the challenge.Thanks so much for joining in with us at ARTastic
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool !! I love you layering. Really tough ! Great details too ! :)
    Thanks for joining us at ARTastic ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks BRILL.....lovely big card, eh? Those layers are delicious & work so well for our ARTastic challenge......thanks so much for sharing this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. I love all the different colours and textures in your layers. Thanks for playing along with the ARTastic challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great card. The busy-ness totally works and is quite eye catching! Thanks for creating with us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anyone would be so pleased to receive such a gorgeous card. Thank you for playing and hope you can join us again next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely take on the challenge!! Great card!! Thanks for sharing with us at ARTastic this month :) Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous card, great use of veneer too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. I like the use of the veneers. Thanks for joining us at ARTastic challenge blog

    ReplyDelete