I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Friday, 15 April 2016

1956

Hi, I am sharing with you something very personal, an art journal spread which is all about my sweet grandmother. She passed away many years ago already. I still miss her dearly-dearly. I long for her gorgeous smile, her wise words, her soft hugs ... . Oh the memories!
I made that spread for Wanderlust April Challenge and thought I post it here too. I went light with colours, chose green and pink tones. The pages are so special to me as I also used some papers that are from her kitchen cupboard (one even has her handwriting on it, had to leave that treasure partly uncovered) and after the layers of gel medium and acrylic paints, they still have that distinctive smell - the smell of her cupboard! How lovely is that!
Love the old look what I achieved. I must say doing pages like that pulls up the sentimental parts of you but have to stay in reality, her time was done, life goes on, golden memories stay and that's it!


All the best,
Kris

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous page! And such treasure whith the authentic paper from your grandmother! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kris! Love the pretty pastel color palette and the fancy lace trimmings surrounding the vintage image! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a special and treasured project! ;-) Beautiful soft colours and vintage feel! ;-)

    ReplyDelete