I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Thursday, 19 May 2016

A Feature Artist for Anything But Cute Blog

Hello, this is the day I have been waiting for! 'The Power of Powertex' brought me a win in April and therefore I got the opportunity to be a Feature Artist for May over at Anything But Cute Challenge Blog. How cool is that! Can you sense the excitement! Can you!?!;) The blog post is up now!

Very talented Pamellia is the hostess for the Challenge #13 and she has chosen 'Celebrate Your Style' for the theme. They are celebrating their one year anniversary! The also have a fabulous line up for prizes for this month, so please do pop over (if in some reason you haven't yet!), get inspired from the stunning Design Team works and start making your own project!


I do hope you enjoy my work what I made for this occasion. Its a mixed media 'texture celebration' on a 12x12" wooden panel. It was done with a lot passion and it started completely as a different plan I had in mind, it didn't work out and then I changed the ''route'' as I knew I can make it work somehow. And it looks grand to me! Full of character! One of Pablo Picasso's saying is always a great motivator to me - ''He can who who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't.'' True!!!

I am including the close ups too in here but it would be great if you please do visit Anything But Cute Challenge Blog to see some simple step-by-step photos and how it all came together! 








My inspirational quote - ''He can who who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't.'' (Pablo Picasso)


Thanks a million for coming over,
all the best,
Kris

10 comments:

  1. Wow Kris, your project is absolutely stunning!! I really enjoyed watching how you put this together, so many wonderful techniques!! The colours are vibrant and the texture is incredible! It's been such an honour to have you as our Feature Artist this month at Anything But Cute! We love your work and hope to see lots more of it in the future! hugs Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, I just wanted to come thank you for being our Feature Artist this month at Anything But Cute! You did a wonderful job with that informative and detailed tutorial. Your canvas is loaded with gorgeous colors and incredible texture! Well done! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a million to both of you!!!!:) It was a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tutorial and information you have shared on the textural celebration canvas is spectacular! Congrats on being our Featured Artist at Anything But Cute! This design takes the cake! So many wonderful and interesting elements to look at. I bet the feel of this canvas is divine in real life! The colors you chose and the moulds of the raspberries are genius! Thank you for such an inspirational and detailed tutorial! Awesome sauce and fantabulous creation! Hugz! ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creativity is so inspiring! We are ticked that you could share with us and our readers at Anything But Cute! Thanks doll for your fun take on this month's theme! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your yummy texture and every single inch of your detailed background! The quote is soo true. Thanks for playing along with Finnabair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work with so many interesting textures! Thank you for playing along with us at Finnabair blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! Adoring the Color combo .... CONGRATS on the GDT - off to take a peek:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really fantastic and creative piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How much fun is this!?! It looks like a bright bath of all the fun colors mingled together and had a party!

    ReplyDelete