I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Saturday, 17 September 2016

'Dublin at night'

Good morning, how are you, long time since the last post, ... basically the summer has been busy with kids!! Over the summer till now and continuously I have been seriously following my absolute favourite watercolour artist Alvaro Castagnet. I just love his passion when he paints, his bold colour choices, simple and large brushstrokes!! I have been studying his 'Watercolour Masterclass', looking his DVDs ... . Well, he sure is my inspiration! I have learned to enjoy watercolours for quite a long time already but in the last couple of months or so, I promised myself that I will take it seriously now and will practice and practice. I have my loved watercolour paper - Arches Rough 300 gsm in different sized blocks (which just works better for me than individual sheets!) and Daniel Smith Watercolours, and of course my extended fingers - the watercolour brushes (let me tell you, after long testing - the pure squirrel mops just take a lead!), and here I go! I thought that if I don't start to publish my practice sheets then I would not gain that confidence I am after. I am a beginner and everybody starts from somewhere! Here I have 'Dublin at night' on 18 cm x 26 cm paper.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lovely Lady....so glad you had a great summer! Glad you have been creative and so glad that you are sharing your pieces with us! Wow...I think this is fabulous and I would never had said that you are a beginner! Really fabulous and you did a super job! ;-) I look forward to seeing more of your pieces! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!!! An inspiration for me to give a go in art. Do not stop in what you are creating. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete