I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Friday, 21 October 2016

Peace

Good evening! The weeks are just flying by this year ...! I have a mixed media project to share with you today!


I can't believe how few I am doing recently. I hope to change that! And I always say that! I have loads of MDF's and stuff to be altered what are just collecting dust. But here's one today, finished and ready to put somewhere as room decor. As you noticed it's a 'PEACE' standing word (by Kaisercraft), extremely sturdy and it was a pleasure to use it for my artistic experiments. It measures 31 cm x 12,5 cm. I didn't gesso it, went ahead with chalk paint first to give it a starting point.


Then more chalk paints, acrylic paints, Distress Collage Medium Vintage and Asphalt Texture Paste by Faber-Castell too - it is a wonderful and interesting medium. I gave a final sparkle using Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes.
I wanted something autumny and I just enjoyed getting my hands painty again. Some close ups for you too! All the best!







2 comments:

  1. I have hoards of MDF/wood stashed away too and you have made me want to get some out and use them! The colours you achieved are fabulous, wonderfully autumnal and even a touch of rust in there - beautifully grungy too, I love this!

    Thanks so much for joining in our 'An Autumn Day' challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful project with amazing colors and rich textures! I love that rust/grungy look you have achieved! Thank you so much for joining in our 'An Autumn Day' challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete