I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Another abstract

Another waking hour, another abstract mixed media done. It took me some days, layers after layers as I do indeed keep changing my mind often when painting, and the next day I most likely absorb the painting with a different look as well. I used Sennelier, Liquitex and Schmincke acrylics, a lot of Gloss Gel Medium involved too, String Gel, 3D Balls, Resin Sand ... . Instead of a canvas I took chance with wooden panel again, it works so excellently when doing a mixed media on it! This one is 25 x 30 cm.
I've got to know by years that my style is not loved by many (I am not put off with that!) but I am not the kind of person who would go and change herself just to please others, there's no point of it, so I just keep going like I do as I really do paint (any do any other form of art and craft!) for myself and I am loving it. If you do paint for yourself you do it with more pure passion. She believed she could, so she did!









All the best,
Kris

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic colours and I love all the texture! Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you must absolutely create for yourself Kris! That's what we all love about our arts and crafts. If we're not exploring what we can create then we might as well do something else. I think your work is wonderful by the way but the point is that you should hopefully enjoy the creative process. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one abstract piece and lovely to see those layers. Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month, Good luck. Rupa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours and texture. Loving the abstract art - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete