I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Tuesday, 8 November 2016

My journal cover

Hi, it's getting crispy cold over here already. But I like it, there's is beauty in every season!
I got that ever so popular Finn's Denim Journal too, quite a while ago already. I like its retro look and feel and that's why I couldn't resist getting it. I thought I'd decorate the cover. I kept it retro, at least I think I did. Lots of mixed media on it - gloss gel, textile paints, acrylic inks, mica flakes, gesso, to name a few. Added some lace too and gorgeous Grande Rosette Trim by Prima which I both coloured with acrylic ink and gave highlights with Green Earth Gesso; pieces of Decopatch paper and a round fabric piece (it's a sew on patch by Bright Stem!) to be as a focal point. A little more and I felt it was done.






Entering this to Scrap Africa's Sketch Challenge. I turned that sketch around for me. 





All the best,
Kris

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful mix media cover page.I know it's hard to work with fabrics, but you made it perfectly well!TFS with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mixed media interpretation! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....I absolutely love this cover and the colours you chose! It's just beautiful! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kris, thank you so much for joining us at Scrap Africa...your mixed media cover is just gorgeous !! great colour combination !! Have a nice crafty day...Heike

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the textures here!!!!! So beautiful details! Lovely work!Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely textures and beautiful colors! Fabulous work! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete