I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Friday, 9 December 2016

Souvenir tajin makeover

Hi, how are you, I gave my souvenir tajin a makeover which I got from a trip to North Africa years ago. It was just plain terracotta colour with some sort of glaze on top. I desired for it a distressed look now! Gessoed it at first, some texture paste, attached a couple of Finnabair Art Pebbles too and then over with the astounding Rust Paste. After that I put a layer of Prima's gorgeous Egg Blue Chalkboard Paint, dabbed a bit off with a kitchen paper and put  a painting knife in action to give it a final worn looking appearance. A layer of Clear Wax to finish it off!






Popping this to Mixed Media Place November Challenge too -


And to Berry 71 Bleu December Challenge - Winter Wonderland



All the best,
Kris

5 comments:

  1. Lovely work and the texture is fantastic Thank you for joining us at MMP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing piece! Thank you for joining us at MMP xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing creation as always wow wow wow thanks for playing at MMP challenge !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the makeover....looks fabulous! The colour is just amazing! ;-)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu this month! Also wishing you a fabulous 2017 and wishing you everything blessed, creative, healthy and happy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kris! It was lovely to read your comment and it really is very much appreciated, and I would like to say thank you. I love the colour of your makeover, it really is perfect and its such a fun makeover! I know it is a little late but have a wonderful 2017 Kris, and fingers crossed as I adapt to my sight loss I should be back in some form or another! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete