I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Monday, 13 February 2017

''The golden ocean.''

Oh, how I enjoyed making my new mixed media piece on a wooden panel, 30 x 30 cm. I named it ''The Golden Ocean!'' It's dramatic, deep, full of character and it tells a story. I usually like using bright colours, vivid and bold but yesterday and today (finished it today!) I felt like doing this piece. The heroes are indeed the new waxes by Finnabair and of course the Raven Black Sparks Acrylic Paint. It says that it has a beautiful shimmer and shine you've never seen before. I most definitely agree! And also all that texture and mediums play a big role - raffia, sea shells, muslin cloth and tulle; gesso, gloss medium, Sculpture Medium, heavy gel medium, acrylic paints (used a few of my new Liquitex Muted ones) & Black Sand.
Sadly my camera didn't pick up fully all that golden shine and the shimmer from some parts of the Black Sparks too. Well I guess it just leaves some room for your imagination if you fancy!










And a pic from the before one, after gessoing -



Entering this to Designers' Faves Challenge - Go For The Gold!




Also popping this to Mixed Media World - Anything Goes

All the best,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment