I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Friday, 19 May 2017

Always add some colour!

Good evening, the sun is still shining bright, so good! I have a great fondness for many-many things I like to do but there's this special great appetite inside me for abstract art which doesn't seem to fade, and I am very fine with that!
I went full on game with this 30 x 40 cm wooden panel, I fancied texture but stayed calm with the tones. Here are most of the stuff I used on it - sculpture medium, gel medium, string gel (a lot of it!!), ceramic stucco, coarse modelling paste, plenty of grey gesso, acrylic paints, acrylic inks, slate, metallique wax, wooden buttons, tulle, dried and pressed mulberry wood! Eventually I might spray some coats of high gloss varnish on that panel as I would love it shiny plus it will also bring out the colours even more!



I am nuts about these glossy splatters, all thanks to string gel!


Here's one 'before' pic, the transformation is quite extreme which is good!




Entering my painting to Mixed Media Place April Challenge



All the best,
Kris

2 comments:

  1. Amazing Creation thanks for playing at MMP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your messy style full of drama! Thanks for playing along with Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete